Advance notice: quotes not available on Sunday evening
On Sunday 29 January 2023 between 6pm and midnight, we won't be able to give you an online or telephone quote because we're doing some essential maintenance on our systems.
Please come back the following day when we'll have everything back up and running as normal.
What does Contents Insurance cover?
Contents Insurance is for residential landlords with a furnished or part-furnished property.
It covers you against the cost of repairing or replacing accidentally damaged furnishings and furniture.
For example, free-standing items like fridges, freezers, washing machines, tables, beds, sofas, and cookers. It also includes damage to floor coverings including, carpets, lino, and laminate floors.
Churchill's Contents Insurance can cover you for up to £1.5 million of damage to furniture, fixtures, and fittings that don’t form a permanent part of your property’s structure.
If you already have Buildings Insurance, you can add contents cover to protect any furniture or household items you’ve left for your tenants to use.
You can only take out Contents Insurance on its own if you’re letting to residential tenants.
What else does Contents Insurance cover?
- Floor coverings up to £5,000 with the option to increase it
- The cost of re-housing your tenants if the property becomes uninhabitable
- Standard extensions including replacing locks, debris removal costs, loss of oil, and metered water costs.
- Malicious damage and/or theft by tenant cover (damage which can’t be recovered from a security deposit, up to £10,000)
- New-for-old Contents Insurance
- Unlimited glass cover