Landlord Contents Insurance

Get £1.5 million cover for your contents as standard.


What does Contents Insurance cover?

Churchill's Contents Insurance can cover you for up to £1.5 million of damage to furniture, fixtures, and fittings that don’t form a permanent part of your property’s structure.

Contents Insurance is for residential landlords with a furnished or part-furnished property.

It covers you against the cost of repairing or replacing damaged furnishings and furniture. If you also want to cover accidents, you can add Accidental Damage Cover to your policy.

For example, Contents Insurance covers free-standing items like fridges, freezers, washing machines, tables, beds, sofas, and cookers. It also includes damage to floor coverings, including carpets, lino, and laminate floors.

If you already have Buildings Insurance, you can add contents cover to protect any furniture or household items you’ve left for your tenants to use.

You can only take out Contents Insurance on its own if you’re letting to residential tenants.

What else does Contents Insurance cover?

  • Floor coverings up to £5,000 (you can increase it)
  • The cost of re-housing your tenants if the property becomes uninhabitable
  • Costs for replacing locks, debris removal costs, loss of oil, and metered water
  • Malicious damage and/or theft by tenant cover (damage which can’t be recovered from a security deposit, up to £10,000)
  • New-for-old Contents Insurance
  • Unlimited glass cover

Frequently asked questions


Yes, Contents Insurance is separate from Buildings Insurance because they cover different things.

Buildings Insurance covers the ‘bricks and mortar’ of your property, whereas Contents Insurance covers the things inside, like fridges, freezers, washing machines, and floor coverings.


Yes, if you already have Buildings Insurance, you can add contents cover to your policy at any time.


Other Landlord Insurance you might need

Buildings Insurance

You can get Buildings Insurance alongside Contents Insurance or buildings only cover, if you don’t have any contents to insure.

Learn more about Buildings Insurance

Multi-Property Cover

If you're a landlord for multiple properties, you can insure up to 10 properties on one policy online. If you need to insure more, just contact us.

Learn more about Multi-Property Cover