Landlord Buildings Insurance

£15 million protection for your bricks and mortar.


What is Buildings Insurance cover?

If your buy-to-let property is unfurnished and without contents, you can take out an insurance policy that covers buildings only.

Our Buildings Insurance covers the 'bricks and mortar' of your property up to £15 million.

Buildings Insurance can help protect against accidental damage, subsidence, and some of the other costly claims that landlords face.

Your Buildings Insurance policy covers you from damage to your building caused by fire and adverse weather, or flooding, as well as malicious damage or damage caused by burst pipes.

Cover includes fixtures and fittings to outdoor areas such as swimming pools, tennis courts, walls, gates, fences, patios, terraces, drives, yards, car parks and ports, roads, pavements, and the underground pipes and cables you’re responsible for.

There are extra benefits to your Buildings Insurance, from the cost of repair to a garden accessed by emergency services, to the professional removal of a bee's nest. These benefits offer you peace of mind when you're faced with unusual scenarios that could affect your property.

If you choose buildings only cover, you can add contents cover at any time if you need to.

What does our Buildings Insurance cover?

Standard cover

  • Up to £15m Buildings cover, including Boiler Cover
  • Insure up to 10 properties on a multi-property policy online or call us to cover up to 25.
  • Malicious damage and/or theft by tenant cover (which can’t be recovered from a security deposit, up to £10,000)

Optional extras

You can add optional extras to your policy for an additional cost, including:

  • Accidental damage for Buildings when you've insured them
  • Legal expenses cover up to £250,000 (including repossession cover)
  • Cover for the cost of loss of rent if your property becomes uninhabitable after a fire or flood
  • Subsidence cover

Other Landlord Insurance you might need

Contents cover

You can get Contents Insurance alongside your Buildings Insurance. It covers you for the cost of repairing or replacing damaged furnishings and furniture.

Learn more about Contents cover

Multi-property cover

If you're a landlord for multiple properties, you can insure up to 10 properties on one policy online. If you need to insure more, just contact us.

Learn more about Multi-property cover