Commercial Landlord Insurance

Up to £2 million Public Liability cover included as standard.


Reasons to rely on Churchill for Commercial Landlord Insurance

  • Buildings insured for up to £15 million, including Boiler Cover
  • New-for-old Contents Insurance
  • Public Liability and Property Owners Liability Insurance up to £2 million with the option to increase it to £5 million or £10 million
  • The cost of re-housing your tenants following an insured event such as a flood or fire
  • Insure up to 10 properties on a multi-property policy online or call us if you want to cover more
  • Floor coverings up to £5,000 with the option to increase your cover further
  • Malicious damage and/or theft by tenant cover (which you can’t recover from a security deposit, up to £10,000)
  • Access to a 24/7 legal helpline
  • Unlimited glass cover
  • Free access to our business information support service, Churchill Business Navigator

What is Commercial Landlord Insurance?

Commercial Landlord Insurance is for landlords renting their property to a third-party business. For example, an industrial unit or shop, including when the premises is a mix of commercial and residential use, i.e. a shop with a flat above it.

Commercial properties are often built differently from residential properties and face risks that a residential landlord policy won’t cover, including heating systems.

With our Commercial Landlord Insurance, you get the same benefits you do with residential cover, along with a choice of optional extras to suit your business needs.

If tenants are living at your property, you need a Residential Landlord Insurance policy, or if you have a mixed portfolio of residential and commercial properties, you need a multi-property policy.

What does Commercial Landlord Insurance cover?

A Commercial Landlord Insurance policy gives you cover for your buildings and contents. 

Buildings Insurance

If your property is unfurnished without contents, you can take out an insurance policy that covers your buildings only.

Churchill can offer up to £15 million buildings cover as standard.

Find out more about Buildings Insurance

Contents Insurance

If your property is furnished or part-furnished, you can take out an insurance policy to include your contents.

Churchill offers up to £1.5 million cover for damage to furniture, fixtures, and fittings that don’t form a permanent part of your property’s structure.

You can only take out Contents Insurance separately if your building is occupied by residential tenants.

Find out more about Contents Insurance

Make your policy work for you

Tailor your cover with our optional extras.

Public Liability & Property Owners Liability

Increase Public Liability and Property Owners Liability Insurance up to £10m (subject to criteria)

Accidental Damage

Accidental damage for buildings and/or contents when you’ve insured them.

Loss of Rent

Cover for loss of rent if your property becomes uninhabitable following an insured event such as fire or flood.

Legal Expenses

Legal expenses cover up to £250,000 (including repossession cover)


Cover against damage to the building as a result of foundations moving. Including subsidence, landslip, or ground heave.

Multi-Property Liability Cover

If you're a landlord for multiple properties, you can insure up to 10 properties on one policy online. If you need to insure more, just contact us.

Frequently asked questions


New-for-old contents insurance is a cover that replaces damaged, stolen, or lost items with new products of the same value. Meaning you won’t lose out financially if your item loses its value over time.

This is different to an indemnity policy, where we make a deduction for wear and tear when your claim is settled.


Yes, our multi-property landlord insurance allows you to cover up to 25 properties on one policy. You can cover up to 10 properties online and discuss covering more if you call us.