Van insurance

We'll cover your excess if you're hit by an uninsured driver and it's not your fault.

Churchill van insurance is arranged and administrated by our partner Brightside Insurance Services ltd


Reasons to rely on Churchill for comprehensive van insurance

  • 24-hour accident recovery.
  • Unlimited cover for permanently-fitted audio and navigation if included as part of your van's standard equipment. Otherwise cover is £500.
  • Repairs are guaranteed for five years when you use our approved repairer.
  • New vehicle replacement if yours is less than one-year-old and you’re the first, and only, registered owner.
  • We can cover your van whether you use it for work, leisure or both.
  • Windscreen repair or replacement, with no excess on repairs if you use our approved repairer.
  • Uninsured driver promise – we'll cover your excess if you're hit by an uninsured driver and it's not your fault. You'll need to give us the other vehicle’s make, model and registration number. Your No Claim Discount won't be affected. Comprehensive cover only.

What is Van Insurance?

Van Insurance covers you if you use your van or pick-up for work. For example, to carry your goods, tools, or equipment to different locations during your working day.

Churchill offers you two levels of cover for Van Insurance. 


This covers you if your van is:

  • Stolen
  • Damaged by fire
  • Accidentally or deliberately damaged

You're also covered for claims made by other people for bodily injury, with no limit, or damage to their property, up to £2 million.

Windscreen cover is also included.

Third Party Fire and Theft

This covers you if other people claim against you for injury or damage to their car or property.

It also covers your van for theft, attempted theft and fire damage.

Make your policy work for you

Optional extras are arranged by Brightside Insurance Services Ltd and offered from a range of insurers and only available if you purchase a van insurance product.

Tools Cover

Covers you for theft or damage to your tools. Provided by Coplus.

No Claim Discount Protection

Protect your No Claim Discount if you’ve earned four or more years.

Motor Legal Expenses Cover

Cover for up to £100,000 in legal costs if you have an accident that isn't your fault, and it's more likely than not that your claim will succeed. Provided by Arc Legal Assistance Limited.

UK Recovery & Home Assist Breakdown Cover

Breakdown and recovery assistance at the roadside anywhere in the UK and at your home address, or where you normally keep your van. Provided by RAC Motoring Services Limited and RAC Insurance Limited

Replacement Vehicle Cover

To keep you on the move, get a temporary like-for-like replacement van if yours is stolen or damaged by fire. Provided by Coplus.

Additional Windscreen Cover

Cover for the cost of replacing broken windows or windscreen glass for third party fire and theft policies. Provided by Coplus.

Key Care

Pays for replacement keys, locks, and locksmith charges. Provided by Coplus.

Personal accident cover

Up to £50,000 cover per person, whether it's your fault or someone else's. Provided by Coplus.

Get into the detail

We'll keep you moving

  • We provide a courtesy vehicle, if one is available, for the duration of the repair when you use one of our approved repairers.
  • You can have up to three named drivers on your van insurance policy.
  • Self Service Portal – access and manage your policy documents 24/7.
  • Medical expenses of up to £100 for the policyholder or driver following an accident.
  • £150 personal belongings cover.

To complete a quote you need to know:

  • The van registration number.
  • If it’s for business use, the year the business that uses the van was set up.
  • The month and year you got your driving license for the type of vehicle you're insuring – you can find this in section 10 on the back of your photocard license.
  • The current market value of the van including any racking, signage, or modifications - where possible we use an industry valuation service to show you how much we think the van is worth. 

Our pick of helpful van insurance questions

How can I reduce the cost of my Van Insurance?

There are a number of things you can do to help keep the price of your Van Insurance down, including:

  • Review your van's security
  • Limit how often you use your van
  • Pay more excess
  • Build up your No Claim Bonus
  • Avoid modifying your van
  • Pay your insurance for the year upfront

Can I drive my van abroad?

If you're driving in any of the countries listed in your policy booklet, you're covered for 30 days.

Can I get my company van insured under the name of my business?

We don’t offer quotes in a company name.

The main driver must be the policyholder, the owner, and the registered keeper of the vehicle.

Policy documents

You can read our Van policy documents below.

These are standard documents that might be different to the ones you received when you took out your policy.

Log in to your account to find your individual policy documents.

Need some help?

Visit our help and support page for answers to common questions or get in touch if you want to talk to someone. 

Help and support

Other business insurance you might need

Public Liability Insurance

Our Public Liability Insurance covers tradesmen and other self-employed professionals against compensation claims from members of the public.

Learn more about Public Liability Insurance

Landlord Insurance

If you’re a commercial or residential landlord, make sure you have the specialist cover you need for your property.

Learn more about Landlord Insurance

Churchill Van Insurance policies are underwritten by U K Insurance Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registration number 202180. New Churchill Van Insurance policies taken out on or after 18 March 2014 are underwritten by U K Insurance Limited and are arranged and administered by Brightside Insurance Services Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registration Number 302216. The Financial Services Register can be accessed through